County Dining Pub of the Year 2018 – The Good Pub Guide
Built in the 17th century, The Black Horse is an award-winning, traditional inn set in the small hamlet of Ireland, Bedfordshire. This family owned and run pub/restaurant has built up an excellent reputation for providing outstanding fresh food, cooked by talented chefs, served by friendly and attentive staff in relaxed and comfortable surroundings.
The exterior of the building retains its original charm, enhanced with stunning flower baskets and window boxes overflowing with colour, flagstone frontage and manicured greenery, whilst the interior has been beautifully up dated in a contemporary style using natural materials, including wooden and stone floors and a slate top bar. With the low ceiling bar, original beams and inglenook fireplaces it still retains its character.
The bar is comfortable and cosy, the perfect place to relax with friends or loved ones when enjoying a glass of wine from our extensive wine list, a pint from our selection of real ales on draught or even a warming cup of tea or coffee. Find out more here.
The restaurant consists of two distinct dining rooms, each offering their own unique style and atmosphere with either a garden or courtyard outlook. In summer months the garden and courtyard areas are opened up to offer alfresco dining while enjoying the occasional British sunshine!
The Black Horse has built up a reputation for its fine food and beautiful surroundings, which has made it amongst the best award-winning pubs in Bedfordshire.
- Five-time winner of the certificate of excellence – Trip Advisor
- County Dining Pub of the Year 2018 – The Good Pub Guide
- County Dining Pub of the Year 2017 – The Good Pub Guide
- County Dining Pub of the Year 2015 – The Good Pub Guide
- County Dining Pub of the Year 2014 – The Good Pub Guide
- County Dining Pub of the Year 2013 – The Good Pub Guide
- Rated #23 in the Top 50 Gastro Pubs in Britain 2012 – Budweiser Budvar and Morning Advertiser (as voted for by top industry experts)
- Best Country Pub 2004-05 – Period Living and Traditional Homes
- Rated in the top 100 Best of the Pubs 2009 – Eat Out Magazine
- Recommended in the Michelin Guide 2014
- Recommended in the AA Guide 2014
- Food Hygiene Rating 5*
The Black Horse also has two double room chalets with en-suite, boasting modern décor, comfortable furnishings and high spec facilities. They have their own private entrance accessed by the garden. Find out more here.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Newsletter Sign Up
Please fill out your information below to sign up for our newsletter. We will keep you informed of the going on at The Black Horse Ireland.
For more details of our accommodation, or to check out our fresh food menus and book a table, just click on the links above. And remember, we’re always happy to answer any questions you may have, just pick up the phone and give us a call, or contact us via email.
The Black Horse is all about quality as well as style, that’s why The Black Horse has teamed up with Impact Interiors in Henlow