For more details of our accommodation, or to check out our fresh food menus and book a table, just click on the links above. We’re always happy to answer any questions you may have, just pick up the phone and give us a call, or contact us via email.
Keeping Safe Together
As a family we look forward to welcoming you, our valued guest, back to our restaurants and would like to reassure you of our new post-lockdown hygiene, health and safety procedures. These procedures go above and beyond our usual strict Hygiene, Health and Safety measures we already have in place.
Our COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures & Implementations
For our staff
- All our team are qualified in Level 2 Food Hygiene or higher and have completed the CPL ‘Coronavirus – Taking Proactive Action’ course and additional training before their return to work. We also have an ongoing commitment to further training in this area.
- Besides our usual hand washing protocol, our team are carrying out full hand washing every 25 minutes with additional hand sanitisation throughout the day.
- Daily health checks for our staff, including temperature checks taken before each shift.
- Staff are observing physical distancing wherever possible and using personal protection equipment where it is not.
For our restaurant
- Our restaurant has undergone a full deep clean and sanitisation throughout and a full Covid-19 risk assessment has been carried out.
- We are using X-Mist in our restaurant (a product used by dental surgeries and hospitals) limiting the risk of virus and bacteria spread, further ensuring the safety of our customers and team. This allows us to safely use our air-conditioning units without the risk of spreading infection. For more details on this product please visit x-mist.co.uk
- Our restaurant has been reconfigured and adapted to ensure physical distancing throughout. A one-way system is in place to avoid unnecessary close contact with our floor staff and other guests.
- Our tables are thoroughly sanitised between every use.
- The restaurant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of each session.
- All our sanitiser products used are designed to kill Covid-19.
For our customers
- A Hand Sanitisation Point is available for each guest to use upon entry of The Black Horse, with additional Hand Sanitisation Points throughout the restaurant.
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment as the preferred method when possible, to prevent handling of cash.
- We have reviewed our service procedures to ensure fewer visits to a table as well as assigning an individual member of staff to a table (where possible) whilst still maintaining our normal high levels of service.
- Our bathrooms have increased cleaning and sanitising schedules and will operate a one in, one out system.
- We’ve introduced single-use napkins that are made from compostable material.
- Our menus are laminated so that we can fully sterilise them between each use.
- If you exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19 before you dine, we ask that you cancel your reservation (giving as much notice as possible). The manager reserves the right to refuse any person if they suspect they are suffering from symptoms. The safety of our team and customers is of utmost importance to us and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
We have put these measures in place to provide a safe environment, so that you can relax and enjoy your dining experience with us at The Black Horse.