For more details of our accommodation, or to check out our fresh food menus and book a table, just click on the links above. We’re always happy to answer any questions you may have, just pick up the phone and give us a call, or contact us via email.
Our COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
Our Continued Covid-19 Commitment
As a family we look forward to welcoming you, our valued guest, to our restaurants and would like to reassure you, despite the Governments relaxing of the rules, we are continuing to implement the majority of our COVID-19 hygiene, health and safety procedures. These procedures go above and beyond our usual strict Hygiene, Health and Safety measures we already have in place.
Our COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures & Implementations
For our staff
- All our team are qualified in Level 2 Food Hygiene or higher and have completed the CPL ‘Coronavirus – Taking Proactive Action’ course and additional training before their return to work. We also have an ongoing commitment to further training in this area.
- Our front of house team wear face coverings at all times during food service.
- Besides our usual hand washing protocol, our team are carrying out additional hand sanitisation throughout the day.
- Daily health checks for our staff, including temperature checks taken before each shift.
- Staff are observing physical distancing wherever possible and using personal protection equipment where it is not.
For our restaurant
- Our restaurant has undergone a full deep clean and sanitisation throughout and a full Covid-19 risk assessment has been carried out.
- We are using X-Mist in restaurant and our chalets (a product used by dental surgeries and hospitals) limiting the risk of virus and bacteria spread, further ensuring peace of mind when you dine or stay over at The Black Horse. For more details on this product please visit x-mist.co.uk
- Our restaurant has been reconfigured and adapted to ensure physical distancing throughout.
- Our tables are thoroughly sanitised between every use.
- The restaurant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of each session.
- All our sanitiser products used are designed to kill Covid-19.
For our customers
- Whilst wearing a face covering is not mandatory in restaurants, we kindly ask our customers if you could continue to wear a mask (if you are able) upon arrival and when walking around the restaurant.
- A Hand Sanitisation Point is available for each guest to use upon entry of The Black Horse, with additional Hand Sanitisation Points throughout the restaurant.
- We have reviewed our service procedures to ensure fewer visits to a table as well as assigning an individual member of staff to a table (where possible) whilst still maintaining our normal high levels of service.
- Our menus are laminated so that we can fully sterilise them between each use.
- If you exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19 before you dine, we ask that you cancel your reservation (giving as much notice as possible). The manager reserves the right to refuse any person if they suspect they are suffering from symptoms. The safety of our team and customers is of utmost importance to us and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
We have put these measures in place to provide a safe environment, so that you can relax and enjoy your dining experience with us at The Black Horse.